Thursday, November 18, 2010

Netflix vs Library ?!!

Most of you know about Netflix , the traditionally DVD mailing service that is now allowing unlimited online movies for a low fees . I tried it out only because my new DVD player came with it and now I can't get enough of it . Interesting thing about all this is , I am not even a movies guy . I love documentaries , travel shows , sports and usually stick to the top movies.

Anyways why am I comparing with the Library  ( yes they have a DVD section too ) but the latest services provided by the library is awesome and its Free!! . Once you get a library card , you can go online and setup the account . Search for the new books  , put them on hold . Library mails you when they become available and are on hold waiting for you . Also even if the books are not available , you can view them through safari books online .

I go to the Milpitas Library and I love it . If you haven't been to the local library lately go check them out ,you will be surprised .

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are using the library.
    Hope you get hooked to books also soon !

    ReplyDelete